Thursday, August 2, 2012

Craigslist - A Tale of Addiction

My name is Holly and I am addicted Craigslist - "HELLO HOLLY!" That is how it would go if there was a Craigslist Anonymous. To be honest my addiction isn't as bad as I am letting on maybe ten or so purchases over the last two years but last week I made two purchases from CL. TWO PURCHASES PEOPLE, TWO!!!! Also to be fair I have been on the hunt for a few things and when you find something that fits the bill you have to jump on it (or them as it were)

Exhibit A - The Lounge Chairs

Aren't they a couple of Mid Century beauties! They need a bit of love and even though the seat cushions are in decent shape they also need some TLC. It won't take much to make these shine again. Some cleaning, touch up, and new upholstered seats and they'll be back in business. I can't wait to get them fixed up for the family room. Stay tuned for their makeover segment.
 
Exhibit B - The Dining Chairs
 
I have a new love - well four new loves in the form of new dining chairs for the kitchen. Look at all that chrome and cantilevered goodness! We were fortunate enough to get these as they were part of a set and the seller was kind enough to break it up and sell us the chairs. Like the lounge chairs they will take minimal work to integrate them into our home. New upholstery and a bit of Mother's Chrome Polish and we are set. Again makeover details coming soon.
Well I'm off to finish several other projects. Anything to keep me off Craigslist or my always patient husband will be Googling good divorce lawyers.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment