Friday, August 24, 2012

The Lake House Kitchen


This is a project that has been completed for some time however it is one of my favorite re-dos. I love the kitchen at the lake house due to its simplicity and functionality.

Because I love my Before & Afters here are some pictures of the kitchen when we bought lake house. Lots of cream and burgundy, not my thing, very cottagy, also not my thing. These cabinets are not in the best of shape and doors hanging level is not going to happen so what did the last owners do? They painted the cabinet frame one color and the doors/drawers another. Basically this screamed "LOOK I'M CRAPPY OLD CABINETS!"


Now here are the afters! This kitchen was a product of lots of drywall repair and lots of paint. Dark warm grey paint and new hardware drew the attention away from the wonky cabinetry. Open shelving, storage baskets, and art rounded out the space. I had always wanted a kitchen with open shelving for the uppers but in our last city home it would have taken away much needed storage. I keep the lake house kitchen pared down to the essentials so this was the first home I could pursue a more open concept.

My two favorite touches are the deep blue-green island and the vintage motel sign photograph in a similar shade to the island. The photo I took at one of the original motels on the old strip at the lake. I then altered the color and had it enlarged.

This was a fairly easy kitchen to transform, we were lucky. Work is being done to prep the city house for kitchen demo. This is going to get intense folks! Unlike the Lake House we have to live in this construction zone full time. More details to come!

The Master Suite is 95% done basically it just needs artwork and accessories. Posts on that space coming soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment